In some countries the return to the office is a fact, which can affect the emotional health of employees. For many people this has caused a series of emotions such as fear, anxiety and sadness; for two main reasons: change in routine and uncertainty in their health. Therefore, it is essential that Human Resources departments implement strategies that ensure the well-being of the worker and help them effectively manage emotions.
What is wellness in the workplace?
Well-being is not only physical health, although it is very important. Workplace wellness involves how everyday responsibilities, expectations, relationships, stress levels, and work environments affect the overall health and happiness of employees.
“Basically, it’s about how people feel at work,” says Sharon. “How do they feel about themselves and the organization? This can encompass many different factors: physical, mental, emotional, social and psychological well-being to consider. People ignore spiritual well-being, but that is also very important”.
When you improve people’s health and well-being, you help create a more motivated, engaged and performing workforce, which in turn helps your business.
Tips to maintain your mental well-being:
Mindfulness is a mental exercise that helps to strengthen well-being, happiness, renew rest and reduce the causes that generate burn-out in work teams . It is a practice that, although it may seem like a fad or trend, is an ancient exercise that more and more companies implement in their teams in order to strengthen their strategies of internal well-being and development as healthy companies .
Along with this study, today we bring you mindfulness tips that you can apply to return to the office with well-being and calm.
- During the first few weeks, having an attitude of calm and active listening will help the adaptation to return to the office to be with well-being, progressive and productive.
- Take breaks during the day to do certain activities such as answering messages, making a payment, having a cup of coffee, or enjoying a snack.
- Be sure to personalize your workspace with items that can motivate you to deliver and continue your activities.
- Organize your day using lists from urgent to important.
- Disconnecting from your email account, walking a bit, and breathing, putting the phone aside as a way of digital detox or disconnection will be a good strategy for your mental health.
- Experts suggest not eating at your desk or workplace, and even during meetings or while on an assignment.
- Looking for some activity, both social and recreational, at the end of the workday will help you clear your mind and relax.
- Setting limits is a recommendation not to take home work pending, especially after liberal hours.
- Prepare healthy lunches and snacks, leaving aside the consumption of soft drinks, juices, processed flours, and fried foods.
- Getting enough sleep and according to the suggested hours will help you stay alert, focused, and well-rested.
- Playing sports or any physical activity.
- Taking time to take care of your own well-being can really help alleviate anxious feelings. Try to set aside some time each day for activities that can help you rest or relax.